I find the Carer Support Network invaluable: such warm and caring Peer Partners who generously share their NDIS experiences. I now have a much deeper understanding of the NDIS process and the things I need to prepare for the planning meeting.
The Carer Support Network offers a platform for all carers, organisations and resources that help support carers, especially those of someone who is a participant in the NDIS.
What does this mean for you?
- Connect with other carers through the Peer Partner program
- Find information and links for available supports for people with disability
- A place for you to attend information sessions, webinars and support groups that are available to carers, people with care needs, and community organisations (coming soon)
- Connect in an online chat room, moderated by Carers Australia, where they can talk about the issues that are important to them, ask questions and find people to talk to, who have similar life experiences (coming soon)
- Learn about other carers and share your own story.
- Contribute to Carers Australia’s work in representing carers and advocating for their needs
The Carer Support Network is also a way for carers to keep in touch with Carers Australia – the peak body representing carers and advocating on their behalf.
The Peer Connect allows you to book a conversation with a fellow carer who can guide you through the process of NDIS.