Carers Australia Limited (ABN 12 231 938 308) has established the Carer Support Network website so that carers can:
- talk to Peer Partners about their NDIS experiences
- join group sessions, information sessions and webinars (events) hosted by third party community organisations
- engage in group discussions moderated by Carers Australia
- enable carers to share their stories
- find relevant information, resources and links.
Carers Australia wants each carer, Peer Partner and third party host to have a positive experience using the Carers Support Network. Carers, Peer Partners and third party community organisations must accept and agree to follow the Carer Support Network Privacy Collection Notice and Terms and Conditions before registering, so that Carers Australia can create a safe and supportive environment for everyone.
Privacy Collection Notice
Carers Australia collects information from carers who would like to talk to Peer Partners, Peer Partners, and/or other carers and/or participate in information sessions hosted by community organisations. This information includes:
- date of birth
- email address
- phone number
Peer Partners may also be asked for other information to help carers who would like to have a conversation identify common issues, such as the type of disability of the person cared for, and their relationship to that person.
Carers Australia collects information from community organisations including
- details for a responsible contact person, including their name, email address and phone number.
Carers Australia collects this information from carers, Peer Partners and community organisations in order to provide access to the Carer Support Network to carers, including connecting carers with Peer Partners to discuss their NDIS experiences and allowing access to information sessions hosted by third party community organisations.
Carers and Peer Partners cannot be provided with access to the Carer Support Network and community organisations cannot host information sessions if they have not provided this information.
These details will be securely stored, used and disclosed by Carers Australia only to operate the Carer Support Network.
- All conversations between carers and Peer Partners are conducted anonymously.
- Carers Australia will not disclose a user’s personal information, except where they mention an intention to do harm to themselves or others, or mention their participation in illegal activity. Should this be reported, Carers Australia will release a user’s personal information to the relevant legal body including the Australian Federal Police.
The information collected will not be shared between carers and Peer Partners or with hosts from third party organisations, without permission.
A carer who would like to arrange a Peer Partner conversation can choose a Peer Partner and arrange a date and time for the conversation through the website. A conversation appointment will be automatically booked on the Carer Support Network when both users have agreed. Conversations are conducted via Microsoft Teams (video and audio). Conversations between users are private and confidential.
A carer or Peer Partner who would like to participate in an information session, webinar or other event hosted by a third party organisation can register to attend through the website. Participants will be asked to agree that their names and email addresses will be given to hosts from third party organisations. Host community organisations may refuse to accept registrations from carers who do not agree to disclose their names and email addresses.
Information collected from registered carers and Peer Partners will be securely stored in Australia and will only be used to operate the Carer Support Network, except:
- a first name and/or user name may be shared between registered carers and Peer Partners
- names and email addresses of carers attending sessions hosted by a third party organisation may be shared with that organisation, with permission, which will be asked for on the registration page. Some events may be closed to participants who do not want their details disclosed.
- where Carers Australia has asked for express permission from an individual carer, for example to invite them to participate in a focus group, survey or event.
Carers Australia will not disclose the personal information of carers to anyone outside of Australia, unless required or permitted by law.
Terms and conditions
The Carer Support Network connects carers with Peer Partners so that they can have conversations about the NDIS. Peer Partners can share their relevant experiences and try to answer any questions carers may have.
Carers Australia has no control over the information provided, nor the views expressed by any carer or Peer Partner and cannot be held responsible for incorrect or inappropriate information or advice. Carers Australia is merely providing access to the Carer Support Network website to allow Peer Partners and carers to connect and to facilitate conversations between them, and to allow community organisations to host information sessions.
Carers Australia will send an online survey after each conversation to get feedback from both participants.
Carers Australia may change and update the Carer Support Network website and information and features on the website, including these Terms and Conditions, from time to time. Access may be temporarily restricted at times when the website is being changed or updated.
Microsoft Teams is embedded in the Carer Support Network website so that carers and Peer Partners can have conversations, and so that third party community organisations can deliver information sessions, webinars and other events to interested carers.
By using the Carer Support Network, carers, Peer Partners and community organisations agree to comply with the Microsoft Teams terms and conditions.
Carers Australia has no control over the information provided, nor the views expressed by any community organisation that hosts an event.
Carers Australia will send an online survey after each event to get feedback from participants. Feedback may be given to host community organisations, without identifying individuals.
To register on the Carer Support Network, carers and Peer Partners must agree that they will:
- be over 18 years old
- keep their password secret
- provide accurate account information to register their account
- be respectful and considerate to others and keep all conversations positive
- not hack, modify, or otherwise interfere with, the Carer Support Network
- not pretend to be another Carer Support Network user or a Carers Australia staff member
- be mindful of, and respect, diversity
- maintain confidentiality and privacy by not disclosing their full name, email address, home address, or location during a peer conversation
- not seek out ongoing personal relationships outside the Carer Support Network
- comply with any directions and learning modules provided by Carers Australia in their use of the Carer Support Network
- not ask for, or accept, money or gifts
- take care to not breach the privacy or confidentiality of others, including the people they care for, when discussing specific details about personal, financial or other life issues
- disclose to Carers Australia where another carer or Peer Partner mentions an intention to do harm to themselves or others, or mentions their participation in illegal activity
- go to their user profile to change personal details, update subscription preferences or deactivate their accounts.
Carers, Peer Partners and community organisations can deactivate their account at any time through their user profile. Once an account is deactivated, it cannot be reactivated and it is the responsibility of the user to keep a record of any information they wish to keep.
- Each user acknowledges that the Carer Support Network is provided as is and their use of it is entirely at their own risk.
- Any views or opinions expressed by users, including other carers, Peer Partners or community organisations, are their own.
- Carers Australia does not guarantee the accuracy of any information provided through the Carer Support Network.
- Carers Australia does not direct or control what users of the Carer Support Network do or say and cannot be held responsible for those views or actions.
- Carers Australia makes no guarantees or warranties regarding the use or safety of the Carer Support Network, including any use of Microsoft Teams, and its liability to a user is excluded or limited to the full extent permitted by law for any damage a user may suffer through their use of the Carer Support Network or their reliance on any information provided through the Carer Support Network.
- Any website links provided in the Carer Support Network are for convenience only and Carers Australia does not take any responsibility for their content or endorse any opinions or recommendations provided on those websites.
- Carers Australia can suspend or remove access to the Carer Support Network for any registered carer, Peer Partner or community host who does not follow the Terms and Conditions or without any stated reason.